CBRE’s Investor Intentions Survey 2018 reflects the opinions of major Australian institutional investors in commercial real estate, and has revealed several key themes that will have implications for investor demand in 2018:
- Both buying and selling expectations are lower for 2018 suggesting that transaction volumes may be lower
- Office retains its place as the most preferred sector, followed by Logistics and Multifamily
- Flexible workspace perceived to have the most impact on investment appeal
- Asset class diversification and the ability to generate stable income streams are the main motivation for investment in property
- Asset pricing and availability of assets are seen as the biggest obstacles to acquiring assets
The broader survey sample that includes investors domiciled within the APAC region revealed that compared to 2017 Sydney’s investment appeal has declined whereas both Melbourne and Brisbane have increased in favour.